Walking Away a Winner

      Have you ever noticed that sometimes walking away is the only way to move forward, grow, and ultimately win the brass ring of happiness??  Over the course of my life, I have walked away many times.  Whether it be from jobs, people, or bad situations, sometimes you simply have to.  No matter how much it tears at your heart, to move forward you have to walk away.  Ultimately it is a choice.  Do you choose to be someone’s doormat, or do you walk away?  Do you choose to be tormented, or do you walk away?  Do you choose to be a stay at home mom and lose the revenue or work and lose the opportunity to witness precious milestones?  



      There are some people who simply are a lost cause. I can actually name names, but I won’t.  Sad but true.  They live for the fight, the drama, and are constantly in a turmoil.  They are miserable people, and get their jollies on seeing how many folks they can make as miserable as they are.  I refuse to be involved with anyone or anything that gives me stress and drama.  I retreat from controversy.

      When given the option to stay or go… I am out the door, down the street,  moving so fast that the door barely has time to hit me in the a$$ on the way out.   Do I have regrets?? There probably would be something terribly wrong with me if I didn’t.  Still maintaining the peace and happiness in my own life is my primary concern.   I have walked away from people who proved to be nothing but pure poison in my life.  They thrived on stirring up trouble, fighting, and were always angry.   In their eyes, I could never do anything right anyways and eventually I simply gave up trying.  I walked away.    Any hopes of a reconciliation?  I have my doubts.  Je$u$ preaches forgiveness, and in my heart I believe I have let go, if not totally forgiven.  He is perfect and can, I unfortunately am not perfect and find the forgiveness issue a little harder to stomach.  The fact that I can’t forget keeps me from reaching out again.   Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

     On the other end of the spectrum, I could never walk away from my husband, or my kids.  They are non-negotiable in my life. I love them unconditionally and they are stuck with me for better or for worse, and I will never leave them until the good L0rd calls me home.  At times, they may wish I would walk away and leave them alone.



     Unfortunately they are stuck with this crazy broad , and who knows…if I have my say, I will come back as a ghost and scare the be Je$u$ out of them when they least expect it because I’m that kind of girl.  Any way you look at it, I’m walking away a winner in the pursuit of happiness in my life leaving the drama behind me.  Until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment